Home >> Node-RED App Library
realKNX can make living safer for Seniors and disabled people.
Smart Home tech is a great solution for the aging-in-place dilemma. By being able to monitor a home remotely, adult children can help their elderly parents stay in their homes for longer.
This flow demonstrates the following use case:
The USER has fallen and cannot reach the telephone to call for help.
- The USER needs help and say “Ok Google, help!” or
- The USER needs help and press the help button.
- The GH speaker replies “Help is activated, wait for confirmation”.
- The HELPER(S) receives the help request (Pushbullet Notif). One HELPER replies to the USER e.g. “John will arrive in 5 minutes”. This message is read out by the GH speaker to the USER.
The HELPER(S) can push a message to be spoken at any time, e.g. “I’m a little bit dealyed, will be with you in 2 minutes.” All this messages will be to the USER.
- Create a Help KNX scene and a Help button
- change the text in the three nodes “CHANGE THIS!”
- Configure the Google Home speaker(s)
- Configure the Push Bullet API key
- Add Shortcuts in Google Assistant (e.g. “Help me”, “I have fallen” ) they should also activate “Help” scene
NOTE! In case of this software fails, ProKNX cannot be held responsible for any damage.
Download Code: smart-senior-living-help.json
How-to import: Video Tutorial