Vari Combined KNX Temperature Sensors
The Sensor Vari for the KNX building bus system records temperature, air humidity and air pressure outside or inside the building.
The Sensor Vari KNX TH-D for the KNX building bus system records temperature, air humidity and air pressure outside or inside the building.
All measurement values can be used for the control of limit-dependent switching outputs. States can be linked via AND logic gates and OR logic gates. Multi-function modules change input data as required by means of calculations, querying a condition, or converting the data point type. In addition, an integrated control variable comparator can compare and output variables that were received via communication objects.
Integrated PI-controllers control ventilation (according to humidity) and heating/cooling (according to temperature). The Vari KNX TH-D can output a warning to the bus as soon as the comfort field (as per DIN 1946) is exited. The compact housing of the Vari KNX TH-D accommodates the sensors, evaluation circuits and bus-coupling electronics.
Functions and Operation
Features – depending on model:
- Temperature and humidity measurement (relative, absolute), in each case with Mixed value calculation. The share of internal measurement value and external value can be set as a percentage. In addition the bus output will indicate whether the values are inside the comfort field (DIN 1946). The dewpoint will be calculated
- Air pressure measurement: Output of the value as normal pressure and optionally as barometric pressure
- Switching outputs for all measured and computed values. Threshold values can be adjusted per parameter or via communication objects
- PI-controller for heating (one or two-stage) and cooling (one or two-stage) according to temperature. Regulation according to separate setpoints or basic setpoint temperature
- PI controller for humidity according to humidity: Ventilate/Air (one-stage) or Ventilate (one or two-stage)
- 8 AND and 8 OR logic gates, each with 4 inputs. All switching events as well as 16 logic inputs (in the form of communications objects) can be used as inputs for the logic gates. The output of each gate can be configured optionally as 1-bit or 2 x 8-bit
- 8 multi-function modules (computers) for changing the input data by calculations, by querying a condition or by converting the data point type
- 4 control variable comparators to output minimum, maximum or average values. 5 inputs each for values received via communication objects
- Summer compensation for cooling systems. A characteristic curve matches the target temperature in the room to the external temperature and sets the minimum and maximum target temperature values
|Colours||White / Translucent|
|Protection category||IP 44|
|Dimensions||approx. 65 × 80 × 30 (W × H × D, mm)|
|Total weight||approx. 60 gr|
|Ambient temperature||Operation -30°…+50°C, Storage -30°…+70°C, avoid condensation|
|Operating voltage||KNX bus voltage|
|Bus current||max. 20 mA|
|Data output||KNX +/- bus connector terminal|
|BCU type||Integrated microcontroller|
|Group addresses||max. 2000|
|Measurement range||-30°C … +50°C|
|Accuracy||± 0.9°C at +25°C|
|Humidity measuring range||0…100% RH|
|Humidity resolution||0.1% RH|
0…20% = ± 5% RH
20…80% = ± 3% RH
80…95% = ± 5% RH
|Measurement range||300 mbar … 1100 mbar|
Scope of Delivery
- Stainless steel installation band for pole installation
- 4×50 mm stainless steel roundhead screws and 6×30 mm dowels for wall mounting. Use fixing materials that are suitable for the base!
ETS file (TBD)