Salva KNX Smoke Detector
KNX Wall/Ceiling Sensors, variants with presence detector and sensors for brightness, temperature, humidity, CO2 and pressure.
Salva KNX TH and Salva KNX basic are smoke detector sensors for the KNX building bus system. Their compact housing accommodates the sensors, evaluation circuits and bus-coupling electronics.
The smoke alarm features an automatic evaluation sensor system for early and accurate fire alarms. Alarms are output as a local acoustic signal and a bus telegram. Salva KNX basic signals smoke alarm, Salva KNX-TH signals smoke and/or heat alarm.
AND logic gates and OR logic gates allow for a link between data and statuses. Multifunctional modules change input data as required by means of calculations, querying a condition, or converting the data point type.
The Salva KNX TH model additionally features integrated sensors for temperature and air humidity. The measured values can be used for the control of limit-dependent switching outputs. The devices have PI controls for heating/cooling (depending on temperature) and for ventilation (depending on humidity).
- Smoke alarm sensors with optical detection based on the scattered light principle, certified according to EN 14604:2005/AC:2008 and 1172-CPR-150013. Local acoustic alarm signal output (warning sound at least 85 dB) and transfer to KNX bus. Local alarm acknowledgement
- Signalling of smoke alarm
- Smoke chamber pollution measurement and pollution display according to UL directive
- Power supply via battery (9 V). Lack of battery capacity is signalled optically and acoustically for 30 days and transmitted to the bus
- High operative safety due to elaborate automatic self-testing of the entire electronics and separate energy measurement
- Faults signalled locally and via the bus
- High deceptive alarm immunity due to powerful measuring chamber and consideration of temperature fluctuations (though no temperature smoke alarm)
- 8 AND and 8 OR logic gates each with 4 inputs. All switching events as well as 16 logic inputs (in the form of communications objects) can be used as inputs for the logic gates. The output from each gate can be configured optionally as 1-bit or 2 x 8-bit
- 8 multi-function modules (computers) for changing the input data by calculations, by querying a condition or by converting the data point type
- 4 actuating variable comparators to output minimum, maximum or average values. 5 inputs each for values received via communication objects
Additional functions for Salva KNX TH:
- Signalling of heat alarms
- Temperature sensor and air humidity sensor with mixed value calculation, dewpoint calculation, comfort field query (DIN 1946)
- Threshold values for measured and calculated values, adjustable via parameters or communication objects
- PI control for heating/cooling (depending on temperature)
- PI controller for ventilation (depending on air humidity)
||White / Translucent
|| Ø approx. 113 mm, height approx. 58 mm
||approx. 280 gr
|| Operation -10…+50°C, storage -10°C … +60°C
|| max. 90% RH, avoid condensation
||9 V (battery)
||KNX bus voltage
||KNX +/- bus connector terminal
- Salva KNX TH: 311
- Salva KNX basic: 192
||Tyndall effect (optical)
||optically (LED red) and acoustically (signal tone >85 dB(A) / 3 m)
|Max. monitoring area
||60 m² to 6 m height
||max. 20 m/s
||0.15 dB/m typical
|Shelf life for the alarm
||max. 2 years
Temperature sensor (Salva KNX TH):
|Temperature measuring range
±1°C at -10…+85°C
±1,5°C at -25…+150°C
Humidity sensor (Salva KNX TH):
|Humidity measuring range
||0% RH … 90% RH
± 7,5% RH at 0% …10% RH
± 4,5% RH at 10% … 90% RH
Accuracy of temperature/humidity measurement
Only for Salva KNX TH model. Measured value deviations for temperature and humidity due to sources of interference (see chapter Installation location) must be corrected in the ETS in order to ensure the specified accuracy of the sensor (offset).
During temperature measurement, the self-heating of the device is taken into consideration by the electronics. The software compensates the self-heating by reducing the measured temperature. During the 2 hour warm-up phase, the displayed interior temperature measured value increasingly approaches the actual room temperature.
Scope of Delivery
- Sensor (housing with skirting)
- 9 V battery
- 2 screws and dowels for assembly (always use fastening material that is suitable for the material underneath)
ETS file (TBD)